I realize I have not posted much about our little Tallie so~
Here are 12 fun things about our Toodles...
1. She is SUPER SMILEY! This is her 90% of the time. She is so happy and constantly smiles. Lance rarely smiled, so it is a lot of fun to have a baby that smiles a lot.
2. She is such a sweet child. I don't know how I lucked out and got 2 sweet and calm children, but I am grateful for that. I don't know how else to sum it up but by saying is sweet.
3. Tummy issues - no major issues, but I think she still has a bit of reflux. I thought she had grown out of it by 2 months, but then the last month she just kind of has issues, really bad gas and kicks her legs like crazy while I feed her. Some days she rarely spits up and sometimes she spits up a ton, just depends. Even when we know she is in pain, she will cry for a bit and then give us a big smile, then cry some more, too cute!
4. She is a great sleeper. I have been pretty strict, since I love my sleep, but she really is doing great. She probably sleeps at least 8 hours a night, wakes up and eats for about 15 minutes and back down for another 3 hours. She also takes a cat nap in the morning and an awesome 3 hour nap in the afternoon.
5. Going along with sleep - she is super, super social. She LOVES to have people around. I'll put her in her swing while I am working out and as long as she can see me, she will just smile, smile, smile. If I walk to the computer and I am out of her sight, she cries, cries, cries. It is funny.
6. She loves her bassinet... IN MY BEDROOM! This has been my biggest struggle. I have tried to move her out of our bedroom into her crib a few times. If it is night time, she will wake up every 2-3 hours and cry. If it is nap time, she will wake up after 15 minutes, she just doesn't like her crib. Then I put her in the bassinet next to my bed and she slept for 11 hours, it was nuts! Last night I tried to trick her (I attempted this last month, and it didn't work) and put her to bed in her bassinet in her bedroom and she slept great last night, I am hoping it starts a trend, cause I am definitely ready for her to be in her own room.
7. Tummy time - I didn't do it until after she was 2 months, cause the doctor said it would hurt her tummy since she was a little refluxy. She is doing great. She is very alert and rolled over several times last week. She doesn't do it consistently, but it was fun to see her do it.
8. She's a mover! Since Lance didn't scoot until 10 months, crawl until 13 months and walk until 15 months, I am not quite sure what is normal. It scared me when during tummy time last week she sticks her bum high in the air, and she is already trying to scoot! She can't do it yet, but she tries to every time she is on her tummy!!! I am guessing she will move a lot sooner than her brother did.
(I don't know if you can tell in this picture cause her shirt is so baggy, but this is what she does when she tries to scoot!)
9. She loves music, and loves it when myself, Lance, or Speen sing to her - especially her daddy, she will just smile at him the whole time, so cute!
10. For the past month she has started to use her hands a lot more. She will sit in her little play chair and grab at different toys. It is fun to see her figure things out.
11. She is a talker and a laugher! I really don't remember Lance making cooing sounds or much babbling noise until he was about 5 months, and she has been babbling for over a month now. She also loves to laugh. Tonight I would laugh and then she would mimic my laugh. She also loves it when we play peekaboo. She thinks it is the funniest thing!
12. And finally, she loves her brother! Lance always brings a smile to her face. He wants to be with her all the time. Every night he says "I want to cuddle with Tallie Jo for a minute!" Then he cries when we take her away. He gets mad when it is time for her to nap because he "NEEDS his Tallie jo!". Oh and that is the other thing, he only calls her Tallie JO! I didn't even know he knew what her middle name was, but it's not Tallie, it is always Tallie jo! It's so cute. Lance is so gentle and loving to her almost all the time.
Two kids was an adjustment for me, but I am seriously loving it so much. I am so happy that my kids have each other and can become good buddies. We are grateful Tallie is apart of our family and love her so much!