We have had some BIG milestones around here lately...
For starters, this guy, decided to ditch the binky on Saturday!!!
Did you hear that, NO MORE BINKIES for Lance! He was super, super, super attached, and since he is turning 3 next month, I thought now was the time. We decided to make a big production of it.
So, with no further ado, I present to you the "Bye Bye Binky Party 2010!"
We had balloons, cupcakes, candles, presents, cousins, suckers and songs!
First, a picture of the "Last Slumber."
Here is Lance waiting for everyone to arrive!
We told Lance he could attach his binky to some balloons and they would take it to another baby that needed it.
Here is the big moment - letting go of the binky!
When the binky was flying away, we all sang "bye bye binky" to the tune of "bah bah black sheep..." Very catchy!
Next, Lance got to open a present from the binky fairy!
Update: So far, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be, but he didn't take a nap yesterday, so I am really hoping he'll nap today with out it! But I am so proud of him. Saturday night we put him in his bed, and he said "where's my binky?" And I said, "remember, we sent it up into the sky with the balloons for another baby." And he said, "oh, I really wanted to chew on it." It made me sad, but oh well, he's growing up and can't have it forever!
You want my advice - get rid of your kids binkies before 2, cause Lance got way more attached after 2. However, if you are like me and can't do it, I don't blame you! ;)
Last week we went to the park with the cousins, and tried to take a group picture.
Call me mean, but I love this picture. Poor Lindy's face at the front of the train makes me laugh. She couldn't hold up all the kids!
Here are some better shots. It is so fun having cousins and a sister in law with kids all relatively the same ages!
And finally, guess who's 8 months today?!? Wow, has the time flown!
Tallie is such a joy!
Here are some things about Tallie Jo at 8 monts:
1. She loves attention! She is all smiles and grins as long as you are giving her attention. If you put her down and walk away, she is all cries!
2. She is a MOVER! She hasn't quite figured out crawling, but she wants to move so bad. I will put her down and she will see a basket of toys across the room and she will roll 10 times to get to them and start dumping them out of the basket. This is new to me, since Lance didn't even scoot until 13 months! I am afraid once she figures out crawling, she will be pulling herself up and walking in no time!
3. She has two teeth!?! What? Lance didn't get any teeth until 11 months, so what the heck, 2 teeth before 8 months? Kind of crazy. I am not sure how long I can keep nursing with her biting, ouch!
4. She love to chew on EVERYTHING!
5. She also loves to eat. If I have anything in my hand she tries to yank it out and put it in her mouth!
6. She loves Lance more than I can even explain. She will be crying her eyes out and the second Lance walks in she is all smiles and kicking her legs. Seriously crying to smiling in 1.7 seconds. Hello drama queen?
7. She is very different than Lance was as a baby. I realize more and more how dang easy Lance was. However, it is kind of fun to have a little fireball!
We sure love our Tallie Jo!
On a side note, someone at church today, said "operation chubby baby: successful!" She is tiny, but has the cute baby chub that I love!
And finally, meet the "Green Bean" and the "Jelly Bean!"
My friend Kristine and I were pregnant at the same time. She was due 3 days before me and sadly for her I came 3 weeks early. Anyway, so these little munchkins are about 2 1/2 weeks apart. It is funny cause they are on the complete opposite ends of the spectrum - Jonathan being extremely tall and thin like a green bean and Tallie being short and chubby like a jelly bean!
Well, congrats if you made it through the post!