Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's PARTY time!

We woke up Lance by singing to him, and gave him a couple presents to open. Let's be honest - he would have been more than thrilled had we only given him the gold curly ribbon!
Lance took awful naps on his birthday - I guess it was all the anticipation for the big party! :) So, although he looks a little grumpy in this picture, the smile quickly came when I turned on Baby Einstein! He loved holding his balloons while watching his movie.

We had a party for him at the park with some friends. He ate about a gallon and a half of Watermelon - his favorite food! And surprisingly, some did get into his mouth (note: the bib!)

He looked so handsome in his new cowboy shirt from Jojo!

Here are some of his girlfriends: Zoe and Hannah
Lance and Daddy!

Here are a couple of my cute friends I have met in my ward: Lisa and Kelly
Lance even got to do his favorite thing at the park - swing! I am with Cristina and Sarah. Spence works with Cristina's husband Jorge. They went to Thunderbird as well.
Lance was way too focused on his huge cool cake to even notice everyone singing "Happy Birthday" to him!
"mmmm, this tastes interesting... mmm I think I like it!" Surprisingly, Lance was quite clean while eating his cake. Spence and I kept chanting "get dirty!" He liked the icing, but didn't really like the texture of the cake.

This is Lance's pouty face cause we didn't get him a dog for his b-day! Maybe next year...
Here is a picture with his friend Phillip, from work! Phil really wanted to make it onto the blog!
Here is the cutest family we have met up here. They are our neighbors/landlords. They are so darling. I forgot to rent out the picnic area at the park, and there was a huge party going on, but no worries, these guys came to the rescue - they brought a canopy, chairs, a huge fold out bench and blankets for everyone to sit on. Plus they made a delicious unique lentil salad I may post on the blog, as well as a balloon and some books/games for Lance. What cuties! As you can see - Lance is a big fan of the Basil Family!
Here we are with Spencer's boss Kevin and his dog Bentley. Kevin gave Lance the coolest gift - it is a little hammer that lights up and plays music whenever he bangs it, perfect for a little boy wouldn't you say? Lance also loved the doggies that came to his party.

Isn't this picture the best? Big fan of the kiss from Mollie! This is Lance's little pal Merrick. He just turned 2.
Wow, this past year has been amazing. I can't believe my baby is 1, and is no longer a baby. He is the sweetest, most amazing guy in the world, and we are so lucky to have Lance in our family. It is crazy the complete paradigm shift I have had in the past year. Before I had Lance I really didn't like babies. Now, I just love every little baby and kid I see anywhere I go. I am so grateful to have a happy and healthy little boy. This past year has been the most incredible year for our family. We missed our friends and family in Utah, California, and Arizona, but we are so grateful for the love and support we had from our friends here in Washington!
We love you Lance. Happy B-day!

19 comments:

The Bish Fam said...

Hey good job on the party - it looks like a lot of fun and a big success! Happy Birthday Lance!

michele cabiness said...

We were givin that same hammer and all 3 of my kids have enjoyed it over the past 5 years! I'm sure that Nick and I have even played with it a bit as well!)

Melissa said...

Wow! He did have quite the party. Look at all the people that came to celebrate. How fun! I love the picture of the dog Mollie licking his face. That's too cute!

Leeshie Lou said...

CUTE pics from the Birthday!!! So, I saw your comment on any good reads... I am reading Nineteen Minutes by Jodie Picoult and it is a heart throbber but SO GOOD!!! I got it at Target but they also have it at Costco

Criscell said...

What a FUN party! Lance looked like he had a ball. Did you make the cake? It was awesome! My favorite picture is Lance's pouty face with the dog--so cute!

Adair said...

Happy Birthday handsome boy. One day I want to meet you so I can see your cuteness in person. Man, Katie, you and Spencer know how to have fun and enjoy life. I love it!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Lance!! I love all the cute pics of the birthday boy. Looks like it was such a fun day!

The Beck Family said...

The party looked like so much fun! What a great turn out. You should throw another in Salt Lake when you come!!!

Suzi said...

Sooo cute!! Glad you had such a fun day!! Now the real fun begins, once Lance starts to walk, watch out! :)

Shannon said...

Great pictures. I know what you mean about gaining some baby-love this year. I was never baby-hungry or kid-crazy, but now that I have my own it's so much easier to enjoy other people's kids. I guess that's a blessing from heaven. :)

kalie said...

Thx for these great pictures! I totally love them! The party look so fun, and I'm glad to hear about the paradigm shift. I've never liked babies either--give me an angsty teen any day! I always love reading your blog. :)

The Richards Family said...

What?!!! Lance is already 1 year old! Wow, time goes fast and it only goes faster from here. This is when it really gets fun. Just wait until he starts saying words and talking. So much fun!

Devin, Naomi and Spencer said...

We wish we could have come to the party too. We'll have to have another party in SLC. We miss you and love you guys. Happy BIRTHDAY Lance!

Sam, Kim and E-Z said...

Love ya Lancelot! Miss you guys!

Abi said...

um sorry i've been not on here too much . . . you have posted a lot and have been majorly busy having fun. Happy Birthday Lancer. 1 is big! And that is such a great day. I think he is getting cuter and cuter! For reals!

Heidi said...

Lance is just too cute! What a fun bday. I will be headed your direction in the next few wks and would love to see you. Thanks for your cute comment. I am always up for a cute, NORMAL set up :)

Frei Family said...

Happy Birthday Lance!! It looks like you have met some wonderful people in washington!! I am so gald you guys have been so welcomed!!

Anonymous said...

happy b-day speen and lancey poo

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Lance! I can't believe he is already one! What a fun party. I love those first birthdays!