Friday, July 10, 2009

Ultimate Bag Lady!

What started as a typical Wednesday night walk turned into me looking like the world's ultimate bag lady!

We went for a walk around our neighborhood and ended up walking up to the Smith's above our house to look at deals on toys for Lance's birthday. Well, my husband being the cereal fanatic he is, freaked when he saw 24oz boxes of cereal, that are regularly priced at $5.50 were on sale for $1.99. He insisted on buying 12 boxes. He said they make great food storage! Well, I am all for a great deal, the only problem being, we only had our jogging stroller, and about a mile and a bit walk down hill!

Well, we managed - of course along the way, we got some very strange stares and even an offer from a couple in our ward to do a drop off at our house! But we managed to get home with all of our cereal and no accidents.

So, I present to you - The Ultimate Bag Lady!!!




10 comments:

kalie said...

Ha ha! You are so cute!

Rachel said...

That's so funny! Garrett is a total cereal freak too! It is so expensive now too, sounds like you got a killer deal.

Lindsay said...

Sweet deal! I LOVE cereal. It was so fun to see you last night! I love Lance's cute little legs popping out of the stroller! So cute! And don't worry...you look HOT! Cute post!

Lindsay said...

Hey you! I did take those firework pictures, but I had to take a whole bunch to get some good ones...I just boosted my aperture to like F10 to leave the shutter open longer and it caught some cool shots! Way fun! Adam got me a Canon rebel XTi for Christmas and he found it used on KSL.com - great deal. Anyway, call me sometime and we'll definitely get together!

Scott and Amy said...

ha ha ha ha you are too cute Katie!!! I love it and you look awesome! when is lances birthday?

Martha said...

I love it--anything for a good deal! And happy anniversary! You guys really are go-getters. Just reading what you did made me tired. :)

Devin, Naomi and Spencer said...

Way to find a great deal! I love those cereals! Good job, and what team work getting them all home! Katie you are looking awesome- great tan legs- and Lance looks so big wow- can't wait to see him.

Melissa said...

That cracks me up! You maybe could have gone the next day ;) But we would have missed the story!!!

Suzi said...

That is awesome! You have some skills! Happy year Anniversary too! That is crazy that you guys have been through so much together in such a short amount of time. Glad you guys had fun! I am up for hanging out anytime, so just let me know when you can.

Nicole said...

Too funny! Looks like me and my stroller every time I go grocery shopping! :)