Sunday, January 27, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday Tootles!

Tallie turned 3 on October 7!  It was conference Sunday so it was a pretty laid back day at home. Between sessions we took her to the park and opened some presents. 


I was so excited for Tallie's birthday present.  I had bought her some dress ups at the Disney store when they gone on sale several months before her birthday so I was so excited to give them to her when the time finally came.  And it DID NOT disappoint.  It was the perfect present!  


We had a birthday dinner at my parents house later that night! 





Opening up the presents.  Every time we give each other a present in my family we have to do "heavy, heavy, hangover..." 


Tallie LOVES her great grandma Thorne! 


And I am so happy that our friend Ivanna from Montenegro could come and party with us!  It has been fun getting to know her! 


Oh my Tallie Tootles!  Where to begin?  You are spunky little ball of energy.  You don't require much sleep, but that doesn't stop you from constantly going, going, going!  You are mrs energetic, fun, and are always up for a good time!  You are very happy and very loving.  You are always giving hugs and kisses and saying nice things to everyone.  You love to sing and dance and play with your toys.  You have an incredible imagination and I love to listen to you pretend as you play.  You are very headstrong and independent.  And although sometimes it causes a bit of a fight cause you have to do everything yourself, I really appreciate and love your independence.  You started preschool this year and have thrived at it.  I have never once had to walk you in or convince you to go.  You run in ahead of me and tell me bye from the door.  You love friends and have really soared in that environment.  You are very advanced in your communication skills and can talk easily with anyone.  You also have a gift of having empathy for others which is rare at your age.  You notice when other kids/adults are sad or crying and want to help cheer them up.  You also have a spiritual side to you and tell me often that "Jesus needs me here on Earth to help his children."  You love to go around the house singing primary songs at the top of your lungs and you have started ballet at the children's ballet theatre.   You are learning to be better at sharing your toys and being nice to Lance, but those are things we can work on this year.  You have one of the best memories ever.  We will drive past somewhere that we visited 9 months ago and you will remember going there and with who.  You were potty trained at about 2 1/2 and like I said you are so independent that once you decided you didn't want to wear diapers anywhere, that was the end of that.  Tallie, you certainly give me a run for my money, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I love all that you have accomplished in your short 3 years, and I am so excited to see what the future holds for you.  I have no doubt that you will accomplish anything you put your mind to.  I love you!  

xoxo, Mom 

No comments: