Monday, January 28, 2013

Ward Halloween Party!

We had the most incredible ward Halloween party this year.  We were so lucky the weather was in the high 60's since it was outside.  

This cute girl picked Spencer's white elephant gift last year for a ym/yw's activity which was that fake leg!  I love how she incorporated the leg into her Halloween costume this year!  


They had several booths set up with fun things for the kids to do.  This one was making pumpkins with the giant marshmallows and there were a bunch of toppings for decorations.  Other stations included decorating sugar cookies, the cake walk, and a service project for Primary Children's.   


Amy & I were cheerleaders our senior year together at Olympus High School.  I was excited when she moved back to Utah from California and ended up moving in two doors up from me.  I convinced her to be Olympus cheerleaders with me for Halloween!  We thought we were pretty funny.... 


And we thought we were even funnier when we convinced our hubbies to dress up as Skyline cheerleaders for Halloween!  They were good sports.  And Speen, nice job on the cinnamon roll! 




Lance & Tallie with their loot from the trunk or treat! 


Tallie decorating a sugar cookie!  


After all the festivities outside, everyone was invited inside for a chili cook off and to carve some pumpkins!  Here is Brandon with Pres.  Brandon is such a sweetie!  He works in the nursery in our ward and is so cute with all the kids!  


I was in charge of all the decorations and activities inside the building.  I went pretty simple and bought a ton of pumpkins to use as decorations around the gym and then all the families could take a pumpkin and carve it and take it home for their porch.  It turned out to be a fun activity! 



And this young man is the cutest guy ever!  I had to go to the church early to get everything set up and Spence wasn't there, so I was frantically trying to get the decorations up and everything set up and get my kids into their costumes, and James asked what he could do to help and I told him to take care of Presley and he was so adorable with her.  He even fed her a bottle. Just seeing a super cool 13 year old kid willing to serve and help me out and then take great care of a little 7 month old was too cute!  Love ya James!  


Definitely an awesome Halloween party!  

No comments: